Welcome to Learn to Drive With Dyslexia & Dyspraxia Course
This course is designed to be used by both learner drivers and driving instructors.
Many learners with dyslexia/dyspraxia struggle to learn, become frustrated and disheartened at how long the process is taking, and feel that they will never pass their driving test. It doesn’t haven’t to be this way!
So often people think dyslexia is ‘just muddling letters up’, but it’s so much more than that. From sequencing issues to short term memory problems; processing and recalling information, to muddling up left and right, dyslexia can affect people in many different ways, especially when learning to drive. This course is packed full of techniques to help anyone with dyslexia/dyspraxia remember more from each lesson, and to make learning to drive much more enjoyable. Some of the techniques can be used during lessons and others can be done at home between lessons.
Learner Driver? The eBook Dyslexic and Dyspraxic Dilemma is written especially for you!
Driving Instructor? This online course includes The Instructor Training Manual which is a great source of reference to help you to help your pupils in the following areas:
· Understand the most common Problems & solutions
· Dyslexia & Self Esteem
· Dyslexic Learners & Visual Disturbance/Instability Syndrome
· Coloured Overlays/Reading Rulers
· Dyspraxia & Learning to Drive
· Eliminate the need to keep repeating MSPSL routine
· Enable pupils to always differentiate left from right
· Understand the specific issues that dyslexic & dyspraxic pupils face
· Usage of Multi Sensory Learning & Accelerated Learning techniques tailored to each pupil
· Help pupils to ‘master the manoeuvres’ between lessons
· Eliminate the huge amount of repetition during lessons
This course features Colleen Pearson, who, in addition to being a dyslexia assessor and tutor, also has dyspraxia herself. She shares her unique insight into what it’s like learning to drive with dyslexia and dyspraxia, and gives valuable advice on the theory test, driving lessons, the practical test and beyond!
This course gives full, unlimited access to the Preferred Learning Styles course, including the quizzes. This means that instructors can tailor the lesson to the learner’s preferred style. This should not only reduce the number of lessons needed, but also make lessons much more enjoyable for both learners and instructors.