When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you wash and clean the front windscreen?
- Think about what the examiner has asked you
- Remind yourself what you need to do
- Look well ahead and check your mirrors
- Decide if it’s a safe time to use the control
- Use the lever to clean the front windscreen
It’s important that your windscreen washer fluid is kept topped up. You need to see clearly through your windows. Any dirt or grime on the windows will make it more difficult to see, so washer fluid is there to help keep drivers and passengers safe.
Before spraying your windscreen, make sure you are not approaching a hazard. You won’t see as well while the spray is on the windscreen. You will only be able to see clearly again when the wipers have cleared the window.