When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d set the rear demister?
- Think about what the examiner has asked you
- Remind yourself what you need to do
- Look well ahead and check your mirrors
- Decide if it’s a safe time to use the control
- Turn the switch in your car to turn the rear demister on, and turn the switch off again
On a cold day, your windows can mist up. Moisture, from you breathing out and from wet items in your car, turns to condensation when it hits the cold windows.
You obviously can’t see clearly through windows that are misted up and it’s important to demist them as soon as possible.
Rear windows have very fine wires embedded in the glass.
These wires heat up when the rear demister is turned on and the heat will clear the mist from the window.