When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d open and close the side window?
- Think about what the examiner has asked you
- Remind yourself what you need to do
- Observe well ahead and check your mirrors
- Decide if it’s a safe time to use the control
- Open the driver-side window, and close the window.
You need to take your right hand off the steering wheel to put your windows down. Practise doing this during your driving lessons and practice sessions.
Then, when you need to put your windows down while you’re driving along you’ll be able to keep good control of your steering at the same time.