Part 2 – Lesson 2
AIMSDrive a long route
Show Me Tell Me
Practice Reverse around a corner and Turn in the Road manoeuvres
- Complete the Manoeuvres section of the Spot On eLearning course for learner drivers (Notes, Video, Quiz)
- Continue to work through the Part 2 Driving Workbook
- Read the following sections Driving the Essential Skills
- Traffic Signs
- On the Road
- Work on any areas highlighted during your last session
- Complete Project 3 – Commentary Driving 2 Exercise
- Practice as many manoeuvres as you can and fill out your Record Form
COMMENTARY DRIVING 2 EXERCISE
You should now be able to pick out road signs and markings well ahead as you drive along the road.
You now need to include the action you would take to deal with the hazard.
- Each time you go out driving over the next week spend 5 minutes of the drive looking out for road signs and markings and saying the name of each out loud as you spot it, in the same way you did for the Commentary Driving 1 project.
- This time add information relating to the use of the M S P S L routine.
- Make a note of how well you managed.
- Take your notes to your next lesson to discuss with your trainer.
- Roundabout sign
- Check middle and left mirror
- Signal left
- Stay in the left lane
- Slowing my speed
- Selecting 2nd gear
- Look to the right to check for a safe gap
Don’t worry if you can’t get all the words out. Pause (stop talking) for a few seconds and then carry on.