O – Options
In this step, the learner sets out all the elements necessary to achieve the specific goal. Evaluating the task and finding solutions empowers the learner to continue with this practice post-test. There will be many problems to solve for new drivers, and indeed all drivers, post-test and as such the ability to evaluate and problem solve is a key for safe driving.
Questions to form options:
- What options do you have to develop this?
- Name all the ways that you can develop this?
- What needs to happen for you to develop this?
- What else needs to happen?
- How can this be improved?
- If this were better, what would be better?
- What would it be like if it was at a (0-10 scale)
- How do you need to feel about this?
- What needs to happen for you to feel this way>
- Are these all the options that are available?
This step is centered on the ability to evaluate the task and find solutions to problems and such it sees the learner develop a greater sense of responsibility.