Emergency Stop Procedure
How to stop in an emergency:
1. Move your foot quickly from the gas to the brake pedal and press progressively and firmly.
2. Keep a firm grip of the wheel.
3. Press clutch to the floor just before you stop.
4. When stopped, if not moving off immediately apply the handbrake and select neutral.
5. When ready to move again use the P.O.M procedure. (Prepare, Observe, Move)
Following an emergency stop:
If a vehicle arrives behind you after you have stopped, put on your hazard lights. This means you are a temporary obstruction in the road, and they will either wait or go around you. In both cases you can now turn your hazard lights off and move away.