Vehicle Checks I Should Make and How Often
It is your responsibility to keep your vehicle in a roadworthy condition at all times. This means you will have to make regular checks on the vehicle to spot any obvious faults.
1. Windscreen, windows and mirrors are clean and correctly adjusted.
2. Lights including indicators are working and correctly adjusted (carry spare bulbs
and fuses if possible).
3. Brakes are working properly (never drive with faulty brakes).
1. Check and top up levels of engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and windscreen washer
2. Check tyres for damage, and defects and that the tread depth is a minimum of 1.6mm
across the central three-quarters of the tyre for cars and light vans (see The
3. Check the tyre pressures are correct. This information will be found in the vehicle
4. Have your vehicle serviced at the correct intervals recommended in your